Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"The Last Stop"

I think this story was written very well. He made what he was writing about very vivible to his readers. All the reactions he had to things are the same reactions I owuld have had. When he was in the parlor and would not get any closer to the body because he did not want to see it, I would have been the same way. The description of what the room where they embalmed the bodies smelled like was very realistic and I could imagine exactly what it would be like and smell like. I liked the way he observed the actions of Mr. Deaver al throughout the obseration. I also liked it when he would interview him and see Mr. Deaver's perspective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your post! I thought this was well written as well. He created images so well with his writing that it made me feel like I was there. He described everything so well. I would not have been able to observe at a mortuary, so I found this observation interesting. I also liked how he met the manager and embalmer. This was a pretty interesting observation because of its great descriptions and its weird and interesting location.